Compliance & Protection
UDS remains up-to-date with federal, state and local regulatory standards that may affect your deliveries, including HIPAA and DOT.
Building& Dock Security
Our contingency plans are structured on tested procedures that address natural disasters, service errors, accidents and emergencies. The following measures are in place to ensure timely, accurate and secure control against loss:
- Access Control System Photo ID badges for all UDS Personnel and drivers
- Alarm systems
- Locked Security Gates & Doors
- Vaults (‘Control Cages’) – meet federal regulations for storing containers identified as controlled substances
- Monthly DC Security Audits
- Real-time video monitoring of one or more sites (Security Personnel)
- Historical video accessible online for 6 months
Drivers are subject to background checks, drug and alcohol testing, and must produce a current motor vehicle report and proof of insurance. On the job, they’re uniformed and equipped with smart ID badges to verify their identity. Random drug testing and insurance expiration tracking are two ways that UDS ensures continued compliance.
Hiring process flow:
Regular and Random audits and testing by trained security personnel insure the highest level of compliance to security procedures. While conducting deliveries, vehicles and drivers are equipped with a variety of anti-theft tools such as GPS tracking. Our technology creates a Chain of Custody for everything you ship.